users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish v2ur2 allow encoded slash in URL

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:16:18 +0100

Hello GlassFish Community,

Can somebody tell us how to allow encoded slash (%2F) in URL in GFv2ur2?

Problem: We noticed that GFv2ur2's included Grizzly is unable to forward
encoded slash in URL (%2F) to e. g. JAX-RS. While we found fixes and
workaround for standalone Grizzly instances
(-Dcom.sun.grizzly.util.buf.UDecoder.ALLOW_ENCODED_SLASH=TRUE -- works
in Grizzly but not in GFv2ur2) and GFv3
(http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-12116 -- the proposed setting is
not existing in domain.xml of GFv2ur2), we didn't find a solution for
GFv2ur2 so far.

We are servicing dozens of GFv2ur2 servers for our customers so we
cannot upgrade to GFv3 but have to find a solution for GFv2ur2.

Thanks!

Markus