users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Apache SSL in 3.0.1 vs. 3.1

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer_at_weycogroup.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 13:31:50 -0600

On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 15:16 +0100, Oleksiy Stashok wrote:
> port 8181 is used by GF to accept direct HTTPS requests, in your case
> Apache will use Ajp protocol to communicate with Glassfish, so new
> network listener will be required.
> Amy in her blog [1] described the AJP configuration steps for Glassfish.

Yes, that's the reference we used to set it up, including the two
commands she gave and not copying the three jar files as we did in
3.0.1.

We have the app's /customers/* set up with transport-guarantee
CONFIDENTIAL. I can go directly to https://.../customers/checkout.html
and it works, but when I click on the preceding page's link that moves
to this page, it tries to use port 8181. I just installed GlassFish
3.0.1 on the same machine, deployed the same app under 3.0.1, and it
worked as before.

Have I missed something subtle?

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer_at_weycogroup.com
Software Engineer                        phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601