users@glassfish.java.net

Re: A warning that I can't get rid of

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 14:36:09 -0500

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Bhavanishankar <bshankar_at_sun.com> wrote:

> I think it is an issue with the app you have deployed on embedded
> GlassFish.

Oh, quite right. No question. I'm actually working on moving the
classloading/filesystem access to a resource adapter where it belongs.

> Ideally the app should be fixed.

No doubt.

> But if you desperately want to turn off the logging,

Yes; one log file is 263 MB of stack traces at the moment.

> my blog about setting log levels in embedded GlassFish might be helpful :
> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/bhavanishankar/archive/2010/12/14/changing-log-levels-embedded-glassfish

Thanks.

If you are using the embedded maven plugin

Can't yet, because of GLASSFISH-15836 :-)

> please set
> MAVEN_OPTS="-Djava.util.logging.config.file=customlogging.properties", with
> contents of customlogging.properties as:
>
> handlers= java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler
> java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = INFO
> javax.enterprise.system.core.classloading.level = OFF

Had everything except the javax.enterprise bit; I had com.sun.level and
org.glassfish.level but not that one. What level is this thing logged at?

This helps immensely; thanks so much.

Best,
Laird