users@glassfish.java.net

Re: web profile from full bits?

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 08:43:50 -0600

The web profile prevents one from using features accidentally from the
full profile. So if a developer is creating an app targeted for the web
profile in production, but they have the full profile in development,
they may used some features that they shouldn't and there wouldn't be
anything to stop them.

Of course, you can remove packages to bring a full to a web profile:

pkg uninstall
pkg:/glassfish-appclient
pkg:/glassfish-cmp
pkg:/glassfish-common-full
pkg:/glassfish-corba
pkg:/glassfish-ejb
pkg:/glassfish-full-incorporation
pkg:/glassfish-jms
pkg:/glassfish-web-profile
pkg:/metro
pkg:/mq-bin-exe
pkg:/mq-bin-sh
pkg:/mq-config-gf
pkg:/mq-server
pkg:/glassfish-full-profile

but I don't think that is what you are looking for if you want this to
be only for a single domain.

Tom