users@glassfish.java.net

New Glassfish embedded APIs: any way to look up a properly initialized InitialContext?

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:21:17 -0500

javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer--the standard way of producing a lite EJB
container--no longer suits our purposes since it doesn't support working
with @Remote EJBs.

Consequently we are looking to move to the newly sanctioned Glassfish
embedded APIs, which, if I understand correctly, have been overhauled for
3.1 and are available at http://embedded-glassfish.java.net/nonav/apidocs/.

Emulating javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer seems easy enough.

However, I cannot see how to get an InitialContext from the API. This would
be extremely convenient, as otherwise I need to put together a
jndi.properties with all the right values set, and I don't know what those
values should be.

Am I overlooking something, or is it possible to get an InitialContext (or
just a javax.naming.Context) from the Glassfish embedded APIs?

Thanks,
Laird