users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Re: More JACC questions

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:17:23 -0500

Another couple of JACC questions if you don't mind.

I confess I don't get the concept of linking policy contexts.

Or, rather, I think i get the concept, but the SimplePolicyConfiguration
class sets up a link table and goes through all sorts of trouble to make
sure policy contexts are linked together--and then never uses the
information. Or at least that's what it looks like to me. Perhaps there is
some other class somewhere that I'm not aware of that does some kind of a
check.

Leaving the standard, I also don't get the requirement of the JACCRoleMapper
interface to have implementations implement the getRolesOf* methods that
return BitSets. These methods appear to never be called anywhere, so why
must they be implemented? What would happen if I simply throw
UnsupportedOperationException?

Thanks,
Laird