users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using JMS for duplex communication

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:29:57 +0000

On 19/01/2011 11:31, Major Péter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now I'm hitting into the following problem:
> after I've finished creating the test system, where the master has a Topic and connects to a remote Queue, and the
> client app has the Queue and subscribes to the Topic, then my application servers startup is a bit of a headeache...
> Because if I startup the master first, then it will fail to deploy the application, because it's unable to reach the
> queue's JMS service and vice versa. What would you recommend in this case? Restarting all of the appservers in the same
> time is not a solution of course. :)

Deploying an application will, by default, enable it. When you enable a MDB application it will attempt to connect to
the JMS server it is configured to consume messages from.

You can deploy the application without enabling it by using "asadmin deploy" with the flag "--enabled=false"
Syntax here: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19879-01/821-0179/6nl8hchq7/index.html

You can then enable it later using "asadmin enable":
Syntax here: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19879-01/821-0179/6nl8hchqi/index.html

Nigel