users@glassfish.java.net

how to set properties for jms destination?

From: saikiranp <saikiran.penubolu_at_aricent.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 03:12:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
  I need to create a jms destination with some specific properties. like
isLocalOnly etc.

  I can do that by creating the queue using imqcmd command. But i would
like to know how i can create the same queue using asadmin create-jmsdest
command with the above parameters.

  I tried to create the queue with two properties, one is "maxNumMsgs=1000"
and the other one is "isLocalOnly=true" by using the following command.

  ./asadmin create-jmsdest --user admin --property
maxNumMsgs=1000:isLocalOnly=true --target my-cluster --desttype queue
MyTestQueue

  But i don't see any effect of these parameters on the queue. I could see
that the messages are handled by all the instances in the traffic (which is
the behavior when isLocalOnly=false) and max no of messages in the queue
going beyond 1000. But if i create the queue with imqcmd command, everything
works as per the expectations.

  Why is it not working with asadmin command?
  What properties i can set for destination using asadmin command?
  Can i set isLocalOnly property using asadmin command?

Regards
Saikiran