users@glassfish.java.net

Re: java---jar to native dll

From: emiddio-frontier <emiddio_at_frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 14:00:27 -0800

you do not convert jar to dll -- jar is an archive like a zip archive,
that usually contains java byte code -- which is run by the jvm -- java
virtual machine.

a dll is a cpu/platform specific compiled unit. a dll may be used
by the JVM, but jar is not converted to dll.

there may be some java compilers -- designed so support java to some degree
as a non jmv hosted programming language -- i think gnu had something like
that.

there may be ways -- to call java methods from the native platform -- that
sounds a bit like what your asking -- but i have no experience doing that.

Gary