users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Apache CAMEL & GlassFish [Re: Java EE & OSGi [Re: GlassFish and Container]]

From: Sanjeeb Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:42:49 +0530

On Saturday 13 November 2010 12:05 AM, S. Ali Tokmen wrote:
> Hello again
>
> On 12.11.2010 05:42, Sanjeeb Sahoo wrote:
>> Where is the API for CXF bus service defined? I know it is an Apache
>> project, what I am asking you to help me understand what it would
>> take to make this available in GlassFish.
>
> A CXF bus is defined by an instance of org.apache.cxf.Bus, which
> defines which servlet it listens on and also request parameters
> (interceptors, etc.). We need a CXF bus otherwise camel-cxf thinks it
> is standalone, and starts an embedded Jetty server.

I don't understand why it starts an embedded Jetty as opposed to using
an existing web container. This is something our WS team has to
investigate. Do you want to file an issue with GF to this effect? It's
always better to have a request coming from external world.

>> Oh yes. JTA artifacts like TransactionSynchronisationRegistry or
>> UserTransaction is available OSGi service registry following the
>> rules mentioned in OSGi/JTA spec. All datasources deployed in
>> GlassFish are also available as OSGi services of type
>> javax.sql.DataSource. In fact, this functionality is applicable to
>> all kinds of Java EE resources - thanks to Jagadish - GlassFish
>> connector module lead. So, JMS Queues and destinations, JavaMail
>> connection factory, etc. are available in service registry
>> dynamically as well. I am sure with your knowledge of OSGi, you can
>> find more about them on your own by just browsing the service
>> registry using web console or some command line tool. These are now
>> available in the distribution by default if you take a look at the
>> latest promoted 3.1 builds.
>
> That's interesting news, I hadn't tested with GF 3.1 yet... When will
> it be out, by the way?

See the schedule
http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/GlassFishV3Schedule#GlassFishV3Schedule-GlassFishServerOpenSourceEdition3.1

We promote very useable builds every week and they are available at
glassfish.org for download.
> Have a nice week end
Same to you.

Sahoo