users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Apache CAMEL & GlassFish [Re: Java EE & OSGi [Re: GlassFish and Container]]

From: S. Ali Tokmen <java_at_alishomepage.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:35:03 +0100

Hello again

On 12.11.2010 05:42, Sanjeeb Sahoo wrote:
> Where is the API for CXF bus service defined? I know it is an Apache
> project, what I am asking you to help me understand what it would take
> to make this available in GlassFish.

A CXF bus is defined by an instance of org.apache.cxf.Bus, which defines
which servlet it listens on and also request parameters (interceptors,
etc.). We need a CXF bus otherwise camel-cxf thinks it is standalone,
and starts an embedded Jetty server.

You can check out the code on
svn://svn.forge.objectweb.org/svnroot/jonas/sub-projects/camel-jonas5/trunk/camel-jonas5/cxf-servlet-deployer
to see a sample.

> Oh yes. JTA artifacts like TransactionSynchronisationRegistry or
> UserTransaction is available OSGi service registry following the rules
> mentioned in OSGi/JTA spec. All datasources deployed in GlassFish are
> also available as OSGi services of type javax.sql.DataSource. In fact,
> this functionality is applicable to all kinds of Java EE resources -
> thanks to Jagadish - GlassFish connector module lead. So, JMS Queues
> and destinations, JavaMail connection factory, etc. are available in
> service registry dynamically as well. I am sure with your knowledge of
> OSGi, you can find more about them on your own by just browsing the
> service registry using web console or some command line tool. These
> are now available in the distribution by default if you take a look at
> the latest promoted 3.1 builds.

That's interesting news, I hadn't tested with GF 3.1 yet... When will it
be out, by the way?

Have a nice week end

S. Ali Tokmen
http://ali.tokmen.com/