users@glassfish.java.net

How to Glassfish v2 Add Cluster Support to a Domain?

From: <noreply_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 06:14:20 -0700

Hello

Appreciate it if you can help with this question. How to Glassfish v2 Add
Cluster Support to a Domain?

I am running the opensource GLassfish v.2.1.1 and I run into this problem
trying to add a cluser support to a  domain. I cannot not find *Application
Server.
*

The document I view is: Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server 2.1 Quick Start
Guide   http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4334/aboaa?a=view

Step 2.From the left pane, click *Application Server*.

//But I dont see it in the Left Pane as instructed???

Thanks

Minh

-------- TO ADD CLUSTER SUPPORT TO A DOMAIN
----------------------------------

You can use the Admin Console add cluster support to a developer domain.

  1) Log on to the Admin Console. For instructions, see To Log On to the Admin
     Console [1].

  2) From the left pane, click *Application Server*.//??? I dont see it in
the
     Left Pane as instructed!!!!!

  3) Click the Add Cluster Support button in the General tab.

  4) The Add Cluster Support page appears. Review the information on this page
     and click OK.

  5) In the Restart Required Page, click the Stop Instance button to stop the
     domain.

  6) Log in to the machine where the domain is installed and run the following
     command: as-install/bin/asadmin list-domains. Verify that the domain was
     stopped.

  7) Run the following command: as-install/bin/asadmin start-domain
     <domain-name>

     The restarted domain supports clustering.

[1] http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4334/gewgw?l=en&amp;a=view

--
[Message sent by forum member 'minhpham2010']