users@glassfish.java.net

Connecting remotely to Glassfish v2.1.1 server over SSL

From: <noreply_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 05:33:36 -0700

Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting via an app client to a Glassfish v2.1.1 server.

I'm trying to connect over SSL and have made the necessarily configuration
to do so. The problem occurs when I try to connect to the server over a
public IP that is natted to the private address.

I've configured the sun-acc.xml file to point to the public ip on the port
3700. Traffic between the naming service and the client happens without a
problem. The problem occurs when the naming service redirects the client to
the SSL listener which uses port 3820. The client is redirected to the
correct port but using the private IP address which the client can't see. It
appears that Glassfish is passing the IP of the hostname of the server as
set in /etc/hosts. The IP of the hostname cannot be changed to the public
IP address as the public IP does not sit on this server. Is there anyway to
change the address that the naming service passes to the client to try and
connect to port 3820?

Alternatively is there anyway to configure Glassfish so that it doesn't use
the hostname of the server as the reply to address?

Allan

--
[Message sent by forum member 'allanch']