users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Hi, I get the same effect no

From: Sanjeeb Sahoo <sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 20:46:15 +0530

On Thursday 04 November 2010 08:24 PM, Hong Zhang wrote:
> Hi, Sahoo
>> Which Felix regression are you referring to? This one:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2646
> The b26 performance numbers are worse than b25. Tom mentioned there
> is a problem in Felix (the OSGi cache is being being rebuilt twice so
> the second start of the domain is really slow) and Richard is looking
> at the issue.
Yes, that's caused by the Felix bug I referenced earlier. Note, it only
affects server startup time the second time around, not in third,
fourth, or fifth attempt and it does not come into picture after the
server is started. So, that can't be cause. There could very well be
some other problem in Felix or in some other component. When you said
worse, qualify. OSGi Cache rebuilding takes 2-3 seconds - here we are
talking about minutes.

>> I don't think that can affect.
>>
>> You already have a test case (deploy hudson.war).
> But that seems a different issue as Harald was seeing the same problem
> for b24 where Steve's app was deployed ok there (please see previous
> posts on this thread).
May be.

Sahoo