users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JCA spec compliance

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:26:24 -0800

6.10.1 is about requirements for outbound communication related contracts

6.10 :

"This section outlines requirements for the connection management contract."

> Is it legal, using only JCA 1.6 annotations, to simply define a
ResourceAdapter implementation with--basically--nothing else in the module?

Yes. this is fine.

> The specification indicates in section 19.2 that an outbound resource
adapter (which this would be) must {handwave handwave} make use of the
connection management,

> transaction management and security management contracts.  In all three
cases, I just want to indicate--preferably by /omitting/ annotations and/or
code--that I don't suppo'r't any of them

If you do not need outbound communication capabilities, you do not have to
define them (connection-factory, managed-connection-factory etc.,)

> Is it sufficient to simply build a POJO that implements ResourceAdapter,
annotate it with @Connector, and go from there?

Yes.

> Can I then inject such a POJO into my EJB using the @Resource annotation?

I do not think "ResourceAdapter" Java Bean can be injected using @Resource
annotation. Whenever the resource-adapter is deployed / enabled / server is
started,

GlassFish will bootstrap the resource-adapter.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jr158900']