users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Call asadmin commands from a java program

From: Carlo Camerino <carlo.camerino_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:33:28 +0800

hi sahoo,

i was trying to find a way to mak easier to deploy to glassfish much like
JSR88 does. but i'm having a hard time finding any documentation regarding
it.
Cargo somehow does it but it doesn't exactly fit the requirements that I
would be doing.

I have to deploy things via scripts so that I can remotely manage several
glassfish servers at once.

How i plan to do it currently is to call asadmin scripts for deploying war
files.
afaik, asadmin is called using the console so i plan to use java's native
api for handling processes.

however, i'm thinking that the better way to handle this is to call the
classes that asadmin is using and use it in a java program.
i don't know if it is possible though but it would realy help a lot in the
requirement that i'm doing right now

thanks
carlo