users@glassfish.java.net

How to validate sessions?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 04:31:21 -0800

Hello everyone.

I want to know how to validate sessions within Glassfish 3.

I wrote an external application (external by means of separated from the web
application client) reading log statements from a database. These statements
are generated by the web application client including session ids, based on
the session id which is related to a http session of the web application.

Unfortunately, I can't validate these session ids in order to check whether
the session is active or not.

Is there any "good" way doing it?

Currently, the web application can write a specific log statement as
"SESSION_DESTROYED" when the session becomes destroyed. Unfortunately, in
some situations no session destroy appears for some reason. For instance,
when the Glassfish becomes killed by the operation system. Consequently, my
logging database isn't consistent anymore and I have to fix the gap manually.

Thanks in advanced!

Marco

--
[Message sent by forum member 'mabe83']