users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to access GlassFish

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 09:56:52 -0800

I insist on using JNDI for a simple reason: I'm writing Java tutorial where
GlassFish is served as a reference implementation of Java EE 6 spec. Hence, I
wanted to show that standard Java EE approach works:  lookup of
JNDI objects from an external JVM. If GlassFish creators want to call this
server a "reference implementation", they should ensure that it properly
supports the spec. But asking to add 40MB to an applet just to be able to
make a JNDI call simply shows that it's a GlassFish issue, and it needs to
be addressed in the future releases.

Yakov Fain

--
[Message sent by forum member 'yfain']