users@glassfish.java.net

How to change the RMI port of imq broker?

From: saikiranp <saikiran.penubolu_at_aricent.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 02:31:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
   I am running sailfin in cluster mode with tow nodes.

   JMS Service type is set as LOCAL (default for cluster setup). When broker
comes up, i saw following error message regarding the RMI registry port.

   [19/Oct/2010:23:52:37 CEST] WARNING [B2145]: Exception caught when
creating JMX Agent:
com.sun.messaging.jmq.jmsserver.util.BrokerException: Exception caught while
trying to start RMI registry on port 37676.
 java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 37676; nested
exception is:
        java.net.BindException: Address already in use

    I saw from the same logs that we are passing the rmiRegistryPort as
37676 and broker port also as 37676.
  -port 37676
  -startRmiRegistry
  -rmiRegistryPort 37676

    From Ram's blog, i came to know that usually rmiRegistryPort = broker
port +100 (
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/2008/06/24/debugging-jms-open-mq-issues-glassfish)

    I verified in other cluster setup also that the rmiRegistryPort is set
as 37776.

    How can i change the rmi port to 37776? or What should i change so that
sailfin by defaults uses rmi port as 100 + broker port?

Regards
Saikiran