users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Which port is asaadm really listening on?

From: Pete Helgren <pete_at_valadd.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 19:14:03 -0600

Thanks Vince. I am not quite there yet. And there is more to this than
just this issue. I have autodeployed two applications but now I can't
autodeploy. There is an issue with the web admin console (which I will
post shortly) but I'd like to just deploy the new app at this point.

The domain has two applications currently deployed and running. I can
hit both of the URL's. However the command line admin instance returns
the following:

es/admin-cli.jar --port 7848 --host 10.0.10.207 <--- note the host entry
as well
Use "exit" to exit and "help" for online help.
asadmin>
list-applications
Command deploy failed.
asadmin>

'The status 500 would indicate that ?what? isn't running? Am I dealing
with two servers: An admin server and then a "domain" server that serves
the Glassfish app? Or is it a single server listening on different
ports? If so, when I type asadmin at the command line and then type
start-domain domain1 does that start both an admin web instance AND the
applications installed in the domain?

If I start asadmin without the host parameter I see this:

es/admin-cli.jar --port 7848
Use "exit" to exit and "help" for online help.
asadmin>
list-applications
Remote server does not listen for requests on [localhost:7848].
Is the server up?
No such local command, list-applications. To run remote commands, start
the a
pplication server (e.g. 'asadmin start-domain').
Command list-applications failed.
asadmin>

Netstat shows that the server is listening on port 7848 on IP address
10.0.10.207

I am just trying to sort out where the problem is. The domain1 instance
seems to be starting so at least the asaadmin command shell starts it
but at that point, I don't know what is running on what port on what
host....

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.asaap.com