users@glassfish.java.net

Re: remote JNDI lookup fails from web started client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 05:45:47 PDT

Tim,

Umm - that's going to be a pain if that is the case!

My other thought was to push the (dynamic) remote lookup into the local glassfish server: i.e. have the app client connect to its local glassfish server and use dependency injection to get the remote bean from that glassfish server - the bean implementation would act as a facade/proxy, taking an ip address on each method and looking up the "real" remote session bean from the glassfish server at the specified ip address (the local glassfish server would obtain the remote session bean via the "corbaname::iiop" lookup option). Once the real session bean is obtained, it would invoke the appropriate method and return any results as required.

This way, the client code only uses DI, but the glassfish server would then dynamically obtain the remote session bean.

Am I going to hit the same problems with glassfish not being able to access remote EJB dynamically from different servers ??

My last option (and least preferred), is to "simulate" the remote session lookup and call via JMS - obviously one is synchronous and the other asynchronous - but hey, if I have no other option.....

Thanks

Martin
[Message sent by forum member 'mgfarme']