users@glassfish.java.net

Re: remote JNDI lookup fails from web started client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 17:49:50 PDT

Can you clarify something for me...

It seems that your client does its own InitialContext look-ups but you also refer to your "web started client (running with the ACC)" so I'm not sure I understand.

Are you using the built-in support for launching Java EE app clients using Java Web Start which is part of GlassFish? If so, you can use annotations in your app client and the ACC will inject them automatically without you needing to refer to InitialContext yourself.

If you are actually running a stand-alone client (a Java SE client, not a Java EE client) and have written your own JNLP document to launch it then using InitialContext is appropriate and you will need a way to make gf-client.jar available to your client. If you are doing it this way, what URL are you using in the JNLP to refer to gf-client.jar?

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn']