users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem enabling java web start via "asadmin" with v3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:41:22 PDT

What Tim posted would fix my issue - that it is really "on", but just not displaying as some kind of bug.

What Anissa is responded with doesn't really work for me and I'm not sure which it is anymore. I am guessing from the fact that Anissa just fixed a related bug and is in that code area, that she is probably correct. Please confirm.

I suppose we could initially set the applications up manually and then just use the redeploy - however the EAR file name will be *different* every day (this is a nightly build scenario - so the build/version # gets incremented - and I can't rename the file to a generic non-version-number-specific name as the new JNDI portable naming scheme uses the EAR name). So I don't know that redeploy will work when the EAR file name is different upon every redeployment. I would bet that Glassfish is keying off the EAR file name as the application name to redeploy.

Is this something I could use "asadmin set" for? I could query for the list of "client" types that are deployed and then set the property to enabled that way?
[Message sent by forum member 'cgelinas']