users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Session replication in GlassFish 3.1 - Amazon EC2 Instances

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <shreedhar.ganapathy_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 07:55:16 -0700

  The command replication referred to here is a framework for admin
commands to sent over ssh to a remote note and executed on that node.
That uses Http protocol and that would continue to work for
administration commands.

In sum, save for other solutions (which we have not planned to support
for this release due to dev and test resource constraints) such as SSH +
VPN or VLAN setups et al, you could create cluster of instances and
front them with LB and get service availability but not session
availability.

We are looking to put non multicast based support on our roadmap.

Thanks
Shreedhar