users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Calling all users of Java Web Start support for app clients in GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 07:44:04 PDT

Some time ago we had to choose a path forward. The basic direction was what I originally described as "approach 2" but please read the one-pager here

http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/Gfv31JNLPCustomization

for more details if people are interested.

The direction we have taken should resolve the security and visibility problems you referenced while giving significant flexibility.

I think the feature covers all of your needs and the current builds of GlassFish 3.1 include the JNLP customization feature.

Please try to find time to work with a current promoted or nightly build of GlassFish 3.1 and make sure that the feature meets your requirements. If not please file an issue against the "standalone_client" component so we can try to fix it in time to include in the release of 3.1.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn']