users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Calling all users of Java Web Start support for app clients in GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 05:16:19 PDT

Hi,

If I understood, the main limitation of the first approach is that tags need to be supported by Glassfish to be "compiled" in order to generate a good jnlp template.
So, why wouldn't you make a kind of [[!CDATA tag, ie something where users could write the stuff they want, and glassfish would only need to copy/paste to the generated jnlp ?

BTW, I'm not sure to understand why it is better for glassfish to generate the jnlp file dynamically. Another solution could be to let the choice to the user (dynamic / static jnlp file).

Your second proposal seems interresting too, but security and visibility problems seems to be quite complicated to handle correctly.

At this moment, some of our needs of jnlp are the following :
- icon / vendor / splash of course
- references to other jnlp's
- conditionnal library loading according to the os name (I don't remember the name of the tag) : load something if mac os, something else if windows, etc.

As mentioned above, we also need to send JVM parameters like Xmx, Xms memory variables.

I'm very pleased to see this problem to be open. To you have a target milestone about this ?

Thank you very much for your request.
[Message sent by forum member 'laps']