users@glassfish.java.net

Session replication in GlassFish 3.1 - Amazon EC2 Instances

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 00:10:15 PDT

I have two instances(i1,i2) of cluster(c1). i1(created using "localhost" node) is running on the DAS machine(amazon ec2) and i2(created using "node1" - SSH provisioning) is a remote instance(another amazon ec2).

Will DAS be able to replicate session across these two instances(i1 & i2) (between two amazon ec2 instances)?
If yes, is there any document that describes the concept of session replication in glassfish v3.1?
Do we need to configure glassfish admin console to start the session replication?
v2.1.1 had a "clusterjsp" sample application? Do we have a similar application in v3.1?
Whats the role of "availability service" and "Group Management Service" in session replication?

If we stop the default domain "[b]domain1[/b]", will it bring down DAS? If yes, then how is the session replication handled between the clustered instances when "domain1" is down and both the instances are running?
[Message sent by forum member 'rubycube']