users@glassfish.java.net

Deployment Error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:39:53 PDT

Hi!

I am learning Java EE and am using glassfish 2.1.1 with J2EE1.4/5. My application is building and compiling successfully. It is not able to open in a web page. I looked over the server log and went to the Admin Console. The error is:

1)
com.sun.enterprise.config.ConfigException: I/O error while loading deployment descriptor for: hello2

and
2)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:/eepassion/UnZip/servletbasics/samples/hello2/build/web

I have followed this path and found sun web-xml with
3)
<!DOCTYPE sun-web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Application Server 9.0 Servlet 2.5//EN" "http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-web-app_2_5-0.dtd">

This had originally been set for glassfish 3 and I think that is what 9.0 is. So, I changed this to 8.0 and 2.4. But it still did not work.

Appreciate any feedback.

I did post the Server Log in it's entirety on another forum:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3942246/glassfish-2-server-log

The response was too general as I am a beginner and not too sure how to "check the structure." What is the structure suppose to be??

Lin
[Message sent by forum member 'jdragon314159']