users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JEE6 Tutorial vol2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 17:33:42 PDT

Hello Vimal. We're currently in the final stages of preparing the content and examples for Volume 2 of the Java EE 6 Tutorial for release. The Volume 1 material is in the IPS package, published on java.sun.com/download.oracle.com, and available in book form From Addison-Wesley now:
http://www.amazon.com/Java-EE-Tutorial-Basic-Concepts/dp/0137081855

Volume 2 will be published in book form in the coming months. When we're done, the online version, and the version in the IPS package, will be the combined Tutorial with all the content from Volume 1 and 2.

Just to give some history here, before the merger with Oracle, our plan was to make Volume 2 available only for registered GlassFish users. That plan has been scrapped, and all the material will be exist in a combined online Tutorial, and in the IPS package available in the SDK and in the Update Center.

Look for the online/IPS package with Volume 1 and 2 content and examples in December.
[Message sent by forum member 'ievans']