users@glassfish.java.net

Which Jars are actually required to create a JMS Client ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:24:24 PDT

Hi,

We created a JMS Standalone client, interacting with Glassfish v3 JMS Queues.

Using Maven we declare dependency on gf-client-3.0.jar, but that's more than 110 jar which are gathered and packaged.

I wish to seriously drop the number of packaged jars to :
- drop the size of the whole package
- reduce the risks for library version conflicts
- potentially reduce application startup time

I tried using a Profiler, to fetch which packages were actually used, and try and guess which jars we need. I was down to 28 jars (which turned out to 76! by Maven dependency Magic), but I still get runtime errors.

[b]Is there a gf-client-like packaging dedicated for JMS client only ?
Has anyone tried a similar approach ?
[/b]

Cyril.
[Message sent by forum member 'cronseaux']