users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JPA entites as DTOs through remote session bean (RMI-IOP)??

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:11:36 PDT

Hello,

My understanding is that serialization will occur unless the attribute is marked transient. Lazy relationships may already be triggered (fetched) at the time serialization occurs causing all entities within the collection to also be serialzed. Marshalling/unmarshaling for serialization is seperate from JPA, and I believe has its own way to mark it as transient allowing you to still persist the JPA relationship (but I don't know it myself)

Best of luck,
Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'chris_delahunt']