users@glassfish.java.net

JPA entites as DTOs through remote session bean (RMI-IOP)??

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 11:21:43 PDT

Hi,

I am developing a RCP as a JEE6 client, the server is Glassfish v3.

I am transferring JPA entities through remote EJB session beans (IOP) but the
performance is very slow.

I'm not using DTOs, but the same JPA entities are the ones that I bind their
properties in the client.

Almost every OneToMany relations are Lazy so the aren't serialized. I do
serialize for example the items of a Purchase Order entity but he performance
is very slow, a simple Purchase Order with its items entities weights more
than 1mb in the connection. Imagine this when the client is through the
Internet.

I do not use DTO because they will result exactly as the JPA entities.
Xavier.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks and regards.
Xavier.
[Message sent by forum member 'xcallejas']