users@glassfish.java.net

WebService with HTTPS

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 05:59:55 PDT

Hi all

I was running some tests with HTTPS on Glassfish and found something weird.

I setup a really simple WebService and a JMeter script to test the Throughput of my application. When I'm running on HTTP I can get 400+ transactions/second. But if I change it to work on HTTPS (with transport-guarantee CONFIDENTIAL) it drops to less than 100 transactions/second.

I've attached the report I got on JMeter. My Test plan was using 40 threads on infinite Loop, and also using SOAP/XML-RPC Request.

Any ideia why is this so slower?

Thanks
Rudi
[Message sent by forum member 'rudibravo']