users@glassfish.java.net

HTTP 404: The requested resource () is not available. Any ideas?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:31:03 PDT

Hi,

I'm new to Glassfish and Java EE and I created a servlet that has to be accessed by a web page and a desktop application.
I did the part involving the web page but I have problems solving the swing to servlet communication.
I tried with URL request and it throws me this runtime exception:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://localhost:8080/app/servlet

When I try to reach the servlet from within the browser I get a standard Glassfish 404 message:

HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

message

descriptionThe requested resource () is not available.

When I run my servlet from netbeans everything works ok.
Any ideas why this is happening?
Thank you very much!
[Message sent by forum member 'ariel_ro']