users@glassfish.java.net

JMS "MQRA:DCF:allocation failure"

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:58:50 PDT

Recently I started getting the following exception when trying to create a new connection. As far as I know nothing changed, this just popped up. This is my production server so restarting it isn't an option.. especially in the middle of the day.

I've tried restarting the broker, disabling it, pausing it, and nothing seems to work. As best I can tell it's not servicing any requests.

Any suggestions?

[b]Glassfish 2.1.1 Settings[/b]
Initial and Minimum Pool Size: = 8
Maximum Pool Size: = 32
Pool Resize Quantity: = 2
Idle Timeout: = 300
Max Wait Time:= 60000
Close All Connections = Not checked

[b]Exception on connectionFactory.createConnection();[/b]
"MQRA:DCF:allocation failure:createConnection:Error in allocating a connection. Cause: In-use connections equal max-pool-size and expired max-wait-time. Cannot allocate more connections."

[b]Trying to restart the broker results in:[/b]
"Error while performing this operation on the broker.
Unable to shutdown a broker that is running in process

Shutting down the broker failed."

[b]Querying the broker shows:[/b]
"Querying the broker specified by:

-------------------------
Host Primary Port
-------------------------
localhost 7676

Version 4.3
Instance Name imqbroker
Broker ID
Primary Port 7676
Broker is Embedded true
Instance Configuration/Data Root Directory /home/glassfish/glassfish/domains/domain2/imq

Current Number of Messages in System 0
Current Total Message Bytes in System 0

Current Number of Messages in Dead Message Queue 0
Current Total Message Bytes in Dead Message Queue 0

Log Dead Messages false
Truncate Message Body in Dead Message Queue false

Max Number of Messages in System unlimited (-1)
Max Total Message Bytes in System unlimited (-1)
Max Message Size 70m

Auto Create Queues true
Auto Create Topics true
Auto Created Queue Max Number of Active Consumers unlimited (-1)
Auto Created Queue Max Number of Backup Consumers 0

Cluster ID
Cluster is Highly Available false
Cluster Broker List (active) mq://192.168.42.125:7676/
Cluster Broker List (configured)
Cluster Master Broker
Cluster URL

Log Level INFO
Log Rollover Interval (seconds) 604800
Log Rollover Size (bytes) 268435456

Successfully queried the broker."
[Message sent by forum member 'preston001']