users@glassfish.java.net

Helios GlassFish Plugin

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:07:50 PDT

I have searched to see if I could find an answer to this before posting, but have been unsuccessful. Hopefully, I can find an answer here.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and have installed the latest JDK (ie which includes a GlassFish server installation). I read through various sites that I needed to install the plugin by going into Eclipse and doing "Help->Install New Software..." and adding the site http://download.java.net/glassfish/eclipse/helios I then installed it from that URL (ie I unchecked the "Group items by category" checkbox like all other sites indicated I needed to do) and proceeded to define a new server. As I attempted to define the new server, I found that GlassFish is not an option.

The only reason why I went to the web in the first place is because the first time I attempted to install it, it did not work. So, as you can tell, I have tried several times to install it without success.

So, my question is: what am I doing wrong? Do I have to install the JDK, and, therefore the GlassFish server, to the default directory (ie I did not install it to the default directory; I put it under "Program Files\Java\JavaEE6")? What am I missing?
[Message sent by forum member 'developer_gubler']