users@glassfish.java.net

NetBeans to SJSAS

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 13:01:44 PDT

Hi

I am a newbie to EE technology. Currently running NB 6.9.1 with Glassfish 3.
I hope to run the examples in the Java EE 5 Tutorial.
(http://download.oracle.com/javaee/5/tutorial/doc/bnaff.html).

1) This requires Sun Java System Application Server System which I
was told is Glassfish v2?

I don't have this downloaded.

2) Once I download and add this as a server will I be able to run Glassfish v3 for my other projects?
3) The instance of adding a server has a list which shows Sun Java System Application Server version 8.2. Not too sure how this will work with version 9 or is this called Glassfish 2?
4) Will this interfere with programs which I want to run using glassfish-3.01? Can turn off & on??
5) Is it better to use an earlier version of Netbeans to run the examples on the tutorial using SJSAS?
6) Somebody else called it OpenESB?

Appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
[Message sent by forum member 'jdragon314159']