users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Slow deploy because parsing class?

From: Hong Zhang <hong.hz.zhang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:35:22 -0400

Hi, Sahoo

   Based on the EE spec, we only need to scan the annotations for the
classes inside the application package. It will be impractical to scan
all the classes on the classpath.

EE.8.5.1Deploying a Stand-Alone Java EE Module
2. If the deployment descriptor is absent, or is present and is a Java
EE 5 version descriptor and the metadata-complete attribute is not set
to true, the deployment tool must examine all the class files in the
application package.

EE.8.5.2Deploying a Java EE Application
4. If the module deployment descriptor is absent, or is present and is a
Java EE 5 or later version descriptor and the metadata-complete
attribute is not set to true, the deployment tool must examine all the
class files in the application package that can be used by the module
(that is, all class files that are included in the .ear file and can be
referenced by the module, such as the class files included in the module
itself, class files referenced from the module by use of a Class-Path
reference, class files included in the library directory, etc.).

    Thanks,

- Hong