users@glassfish.java.net

Upgraded to b20, _at_EJB now fails

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:30:06 PDT

Just a data point. I upgraded to b20 and am now experiencing failures (I'm going to drop back to b19).

Specifically:

I have a @SessionScoped object with a couple of @EJB-annotated fields in it. This has been working unmolested since my disastrous experiments with CDI way back when; once I ripped CDI out (except for this one @SessionScoped), everything has been working for a good long time.

b20 now appears that it wants to inject [i]remote[/i] EJB references into these fields. However, the EJB beans that are present declare that they implement the interfaces in question as @Local, not @Remote. So how come Weld/Glassfish is now attempting to treat this injection as a @Remote one?

API:
[code]
public interface Frobnicator {
  public void frobnicate();
}
[/code]

Bean:
[code]
@Local({ Frobnicator.class })
@Stateless
public class FrobnicatorBean implements Frobnicator {

  @Override
  public void frobnicate() { /* ... */ };

}
[/code]

I am putting together (yet another in a series of hundreds) test case and will file a bug shortly.

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']