users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cannot get _at_ManagedProperty to work

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:23:51 PDT

Here is an update to what I reported above for those that are interested or having the same problem.

I found that I can continue the project using the <managed-bean> tag in faces-config.xml, but a side effect to that is that you cannot inject resources with @javax.inject.Inject. All javax.inject.* annotations get ignored. Fortunately if you can still resolve the resource you want with EL you can still get it via the <managed-property> tag.

But it seems that a bean can be managed by Faces or by CDI -- not both.

This is a bit of a bummer because I thought I wouldn't have to be diddling with those XML tags anymore, but until this GlassFish behavior gets resolved I won't be that lucky.

Thanks in advance for any insights.
[Message sent by forum member 'alan94539']