users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using NTLM with Javamail on GF 3.0.1

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 09:07:10 PDT

Yeah there is a problem with jcifs on OSGI. It has a missing standard Maven manifest without OSGI configuration. We have found a fix for this.

If you need to use NTLM authentication you have to use both mail-1.4.3.jar (only one that supports NTLM) and jcifs-1.3.12.jar at least (we used jcifs-1.3.14).

1. You need to modify and replace the manifest (META-INF\Manifest.mf) of jcifs-1.3.14.jar with:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-Version: 1.3.14
Bundle-Name: jcifs
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-SymbolicName: jcifs
Export-Package: jcifs, jcifs.dcerpc, jcifs.dcerpc.msrpc, jcifs.dcerpc.ndr, jcifs.http, jcifs.https, jcifs.netbios, jcifs.ntlmssp, jcifs.smb, jcifs.util, jcifs.util.transport

2. And you need to copy the jcifs-1.3.14.jar to {Glassfish_Home}\glassfishv3\glassfish\modules
[Message sent by forum member 'bswart']