users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Compiling JSP is slow on v3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 14:54:26 PDT

By redeploy, I meant a undeploy, followed by a deploy. It is just a way to force another round of compilations. I think the reason javac takes less time after redeployment, is because in V3, javac is invoked programmatically, and once loaded, it stays loaded. Hence the class loading time is minimized after the initial compilation. Also I suspect it also caches the jar files it needs for compilation.

Turning on the security manager would definitely slow down the compilation. I didn't realize that V2 have it off by default! I'll investigate this more. Maybe I should also turn off validation in xml parsing.
[Message sent by forum member 'kchung']