users@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Comment regarding http-thread-pool Idle Thread Timeout setting

From: NBW <emailnbw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 11:25:15 -0400

The server log is emitting:

"Starting Grizzly Framework 1.9.18-k"

When you look at this setting in the GlassFish Administration UI you see a
description that states, "The maximum amount of time that a thread can
remain idle in the pool. After this time expires, the thread is removed from
the pool."

This is not at all the behavior I observe in this case. The thread has been
assigned to the Jersey client request which is a long running request, its
not idle in a pool. Yet if the long running process being run by this thread
exceed this timeout value GF send it an interrupt.

So either this is a bug or the documentation needs to correctly describe
what this value means.

Thnx,

-Noah