users@glassfish.java.net

Installing glassfish v3 connector - eclipse

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 02:37:42 PDT

Hi,

I need to install the glassfish v3 server connector plugin manually into my existing Helios.I cannot use Eclipse software update. I dont want to download/install a bundled eclipse/glassfish/connector package.
From searching around I've found that for Helios you drop plugin jars into eclipseHelos/dropins
From http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/glassfish/eclipse/helios/
I used oracle.eclipse.tools.glassfish_3.1.0.201008201312.jar from the plugins/ dir and also the file in the features/ dir.

I tried various combinations of putting these files in the dropin, features, plugin dirs within Helios, none works; Glassfish doesnt show as an option in Server tab when I want to add.

Can anyone please help? Or point me somewhere, I've given up, google doesn't have all the answers...:)
[Message sent by forum member 'eugenevd']