users@glassfish.java.net

Q: Can I install Glassfish without an xterm?

From: Ed Hillmann <ed.hillmann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:39:53 +1000

Hi all. I have a question about installing v2.1.1 of Glassfish. The first
step is to run the JAR file in order to extract the files. The first thing
it does is display a GUI window displaying the terms and conditions. When
agreeing, the installation continues and completes.

However, is it possible to install Glassfish 2.1.1 without requiring
XTerm/X11? If I run this in a console that isn't using an XTerm, I get the
following error:

(.:2098): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Thanks,
Ed