users@glassfish.java.net

JPA + JTA + Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 02:30:23 PDT

Hi there.
I've been using Hibernate + JPA for a few months. I use application managed transactions, which means that I manually start and commit(or rollback) transactions.

Now, I want to use Glassfish EntityManager instead of Hibernate and thus I want it to automatically manage transactions; to achieve this I understand that I have to change a setting in the persistence unit to JPA. But what I really need to understand is how Glassfish+JTA manages transactions: how does it know when to begin them? How does it know where to end them?

This is not clear to me; I would be very grateful if you could point to any good documentation on this topic.

Thank you very much,
Donato
[Message sent by forum member 'scorpio2002']