users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Transaction error when calling 1 webservice from another

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 22:24:44 PDT

Thanks Marina, that is indeed helpful. WebService B's glassfish was automatically adding its own transaction management attributes to it during deployment, hence the 2 non-XA resources. I'm new to XA and reading up on it now. So my general question to you all then is this...

What is your general philosophy for invoking a web service from within a slsb that is marked with @TransactionManagement? Do you always make it a distributed transaction, even when there's no shared resource like a database? Or do you suspend the transaction, make the webservice call, then resume it upon return? Can you prevent glassfish from adding txn mgmt that you didn't ask for? I'm very interested in your general thoughts here, as I move fwd with more solutions..

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'jayspex']