users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JCA and "Timer already canceled" errors originating withn GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:53:31 PDT

FYI while in this state, I enabled two features of the connection pool and tested them one at a time, but still get the "Timer already canceled" error.

1) On any failure: Close All Connections (checked)
2) Connection validation: Required (checked)

I'm not sure what's left to try other than looking in the GlassFish source code.

Ryan

> I developed a JCA connector a few years ago and run
> it in GlassFish 2.1 and 2.1.1. Every once and a
> while I get a "Timer already canceled" error when
> retrieving a connection from a connection pool. At
> first I thought it was my fault because I use timers
> in a couple places and didn't have error handling
> code around the cancel() method. Now I do have error
> handling and we are still experiencing the problem.
> The stack trace shown below gives me the
> impression that the problem originates from within
> GlassFish. The only way to make the connection
> pool usable again is to restart GlassFish.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Thanks,
> Ryan
[Message sent by forum member 'rdelaplante']