users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Update Tool Causes Death to Domain

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:55:14 PDT

You are telling GlassFish that your module is an app client module. A <java> entry identifies app clients, not library JARs.

The spec, although large, is clear about this, and about how you can put library JARs in the EAR's /lib directory (or you can specify another directory within the EAR using the <library-directory> element in your application.xml.

Remove the <java> entry if it is not an app client. If I recall correctly GlassFish 3.1 no longer throws the NPE, but I think incorrectly identifying the library as an app client is the source of your problem.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn']