users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Just for curiosity and in case needed later

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 08:40:05 PDT

Hey whartung

Feels good to share deep rooted fears with you....

I guess the EJB spec has always made some restrictions because whoever where writing it though EJB is the kind of technology that one day... maybe not so far awys, could serialize the state of the whole EJB container, transfer it across the network or the internet and continue to function on a different machine / country / os / hardware.... Static fields or file systems could somehow be an obstacle in the way of such multiplication/tele-transportation...

In a similar line of joke....

Would be good if we could implement theses new @Singletons per application and not just per JVM, you know what i mean? In a way that the state of a singleton ejb would be unique amongst all instances of the cluster....

Pablo.

Pablo.
[Message sent by forum member 'pablopina']